Wednesday, October 14, 2009

AWARENESS

AWARENESS

Just recently I was asked by the State of Pennsylvania to give my interrogatories in regards to the horrible abuse that, I sustained over seven years ago.

I read how I am still being blamed for the abuse that one of there State Troopers did to me, how I am to blame as he dragged me with his State Police Car, how I am to blame when I went head first into the concrete, how I am to blame for begging for help, how I am to blame for having retinal detachment from the left eye.

All the love and support that, I have received through out the years from my family, friends, advocates, and supporters. Mean more to me then anyone could ever imagine.

I am writing this short blog to bring awareness to many who do not understand. I live with the horrible memories of what happen to me; I live with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. I live with my memory of abuse.

Many victims and survivors are left with scars. So many victims and survivors pray for closure.

October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month. Let us pray for those who did not survive and pray for those who continue forward for peace of mind.

God bless!

With love and respect,

Rosa Torres-Sadler

No comments:

Post a Comment